This is the Manager’s Minute.
Now that the Oklahoma elections are over, let’s recap what we’ve done so far in the collaborative journalism project, Oklahoma Engaged. With funding from the Ethics & Excellence in Journalism Foundation and the Kirkpatrick Foundation:
- We commissioned public opinion polling from OU Poll to drive our election reporting – with emphasis on issues Oklahomans saw as most important. This research-based journalism focused on people, more than politicians.
- We produced more than 21 full length radio features, plus four animated explainers, daily election coverage and voter resources delivered over the air, on social media and at OklahomaEngaged.com.
- We held two voter engagement events and presented three interactive programs on politics and the media.
- And, we hosted the Oklahoma Engaged election night watch party at the Oklahoma City University School of Law, where about 150 engaged voters watched and listened to our live broadcast which was simulcast on KGOU, KOSU and KCCU and on Facebook. We provided the latest results, interviews, expert analysis and national coverage from NPR. And, the four-hour election night simulcast in front of a live audience was unprecedented in Oklahoma.
- Thanks to everyone who joined us to follow the returns and talk politics. Keep listening as our Oklahoma Engaged reporting continues into the 2019 legislative session. We'll be following legislation and letting you know how lawmakers handle the most critical issues facing Oklahomans.
Until next time, with the Manager’s Minute, I’m Dick Pryor.