Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: State Avoids Tornadoes Saturday, Threat Continues Sunday
- How To Find Yourself While Traveling The World: A Personal Essay
- John Fullbright Kicks Off Norman Summer Concert Series
- VIDEO: University of Oklahoma Storm Chaser Captures Texas Twister
- “I Cannot Believe I Just Did That!" Finishing the OKC Memorial Marathon
Kevin Whitehead is the jazz critic on NPR's Fresh Air with Terry Gross.
Widely written on American and improvised musics, Whitehead's articles have appeared in publications such as the Chicago Sun-Times, Village Voice, and Down Beat. He is the author of Why Jazz: A Concise Guide (2010) and New Dutch Swing (1998), and the jazz columnist for eMusic.com. His essays have appeared in numerous anthologies including Da Capo Best Music Writing 2006, Jazz: The First Century and The Cartoon Music Book.
Whitehead taught at the University of Kansas and Goucher College. He lives outside of Austin, Texas.